Crock Pot Appetizers
CROCK POT ARTICHOKE & CHEESE DIP
1 lb. shredded Mozzarella
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup (8 oz. jar) mayonnaise
1 cup (8 1/2 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Cook in in lightly buttered 3 1/2 quart Crock Pot on high for about 1 hour.
3. Serve with broken up French bread or wheat crackers
CROCK POT BEST DIP EVER
1 (1 pound) package Velveeta
1 can Chili – no beans
1 pound medium or spicy sausage, browned and crumbled
1. Put all ingredients into the Crock Pot on low until blended and then keep it there to serve.
CROCK POT BOILED PEANUTS
1 1/2 quarts green uncooked peanuts
1/2 cup salt
2 1/2 quarts water
1. Wash Peanuts until water runs clear. Put clean peanuts in crock pot, add salt and water; stir.
2. Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 7 hours. Add additional water during cooking, if necessary, to keep peanuts covered.
BROCCOLI CHEESE DIP
2 (10 oz.) boxes of frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 lb. Mexican Velveeta cheese
1/2 lb. reg. Velveeta cheese
1 Tablespoon garlic salt
1. Cook and drain broccoli. Melt cheese in slow cooker/Crock Pot.
2. Mix soups, sour cream, broccoli and garlic salt. Mix into melted cheese.
3. Serve as dip with tortilla chips.
CROCK POT BROCCOLI DIP
1 pkg.(10oz) frozen chopped broccoli
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 medium white onion, chopped
3/4 stick margarine
2 rolls garlic cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 medium can mushroom pieces
1 can sliced water chestnuts
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Cook broccoli until tender. Saute celery and onion in margarine until tender.
2. Place broccoli and sauteed vegetables in slow cooker/Crock Pot; add mushrooms, cheese, cream of mushroom soup.
3. Stir well and heat on low until cheese is melted. Add water chestnuts and Worcestershire sauce. Serve warm in the slow cooker/Crock Pot, with chips or crackers.
CROCK POT CAJUN PECANS
1 pound pecan halves
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
2. Turn on low, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 2 hours. Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and cool completely.
CROCK POT CHEESE & ARTICHOKE DIP
8 ounces process American cheese (Velveeta)
1 can (10oz) 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, until melted.
2. Stir well and serve with assorted crackers, bread cubes, or chips.
CROCK POT CHILI BEEF DIP
1 (11 oz.) can condensed chili beef soup
3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
1. In slow cooker/Crock Pot, combine all ingredients; mix well.
2. Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until cheese is melted and dip is hot.
3. Serve warm with tortilla or corn chips.
CROCK POT CHILI CHEESE TACO DIP
1 lb. hamburger
1 can chili (no beans)
1 lb. mild Mexican Velveeta cheese, cubed or shredded
1. Brown hamburger; drain and place in slow cooker.
2. Add chili and cheese; cover and cook on low until cheese is melted, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally to blend ingredients.
3. Serve warm with taco or tortilla chips.
CROCK POT CLASSIC SWISS FONDUE
1 clove garlic
2 1/2 cups dry white Rhine, Chablis or Riesling wine
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 lb. Swiss cheese, grated
1/2 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
3 Tablespoons flour
3 Tablespoons kirsch
Freshly ground nutmeg
1 loaf Italian or French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Rub an enameled or stainless steel pan with garlic clove. Heat wine to a slow simmer (just under boiling). Add lemon juice.
2. Combine cheeses and flour and gradually stir in. Using a figure-8 motion, stir constantly until cheese is melted.
3. Pour into lightly greased Crock-Pot. Add kirsch; stir well. Sprinkle with nutmeg, pepper and paprika.
4. Cover and cook on High setting for 30 minutes, then turn to Low setting for 2 to 5 hours. Keep on Low setting while serving.
5. Using fondue forks, dip bread cubes into fondue.
CROCK POT COCKTAIL KIELBASA
2 rings of Kielbasa (about 2 lbs)
1 (18 oz) jar apple jelly
1 (9 oz) jar prepared mustard
1. Slice Kielbasa 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Mix jelly and mustard in slow cooker/Crock Pot. Add sliced Kielbasa and mix until meat is covered.
2. Set slow cooker/Crock Pot on low to cook for 2 hours and keep on low while serving. Stir periodically.