Crock Pot Soups
CROCK POT 16 BEAN SOUP
1 package 16 Bean Soup
3 bay leaves
1 Tablespoon crushed oregano
2 cans no-fat chicken stock
Additional water to cover
3 stalks celery chopped
3 carrots diced
1 large onion chopped
3 cloves garlic sliced
1 pound turkey Italian sausage sliced
2 cans stewed (or diced) tomatoes
1. Combine first 5 ingredients (liquid should cover mixture by 1″-2″) in Crock Pot.
2. Cook on high for 2 hours.
3. Add remaining ingredients and turn cooker to low and cook for additional 3 hours.
CROCK POT BARBECUED BEAN SOUP
1 lb. great northern beans, soaked
2 teaspoons salt
1 medium onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
2 lb. beef short ribs
6 cups water
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1. Place all ingredients in Slow Cooker except barbecue sauce.
2. Cover and cook on Low 10 to 16 hours.
3. Before serving, remove short ribs and cut meat from bones.
4. Return meat to Slow Cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce before serving.
CROCK POT CARAMELIZED FRENCH ONION SOUP
1 (10.5 oz.) can beef consommé, undiluted
1 (10.5 oz.) can beef broth, undiluted
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup dry white wine
6 cup large croutons
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart crock pot.
2. Cook, covered, at HIGH 21/2 hours or until thoroughly heated. Stir in wine.
3. Ladle soup into 6 ovenproof bowls, and top evenly with croutons and cheese. Place bowls on a jellyroll pan.
4. Broil 3″ from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
CROCK POT CHICKEN SOUP
2 onions, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon leaf thyme
3 Tablespoons dry parsley flakes
1 package frozen peas (10 oz.)
1 2-1/2 to 3 lb. whole fryer
4 cups water or chicken stock
1 cup noodles
1. Place all ingredients in slow cooker/Crock Pot, except noodles, in order listed.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH 4 to 6 hours.
3. One hour before serving, remove chicken and cool slightly.
4. Remove meat from bones and return meat to slow cooker/Crock Pot. Add noodles.
5. Turn to HIGH. Cover and cook 1 hour.
CROCK POT CONGRESSIONAL BEAN SOUP
1 lb. small white beans
8 cups water
2 cups ham, diced
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup celery, chopped
2 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
1. Assemble ingredients in Slow Cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beans are tender.
CROCK POT BEEF N BREW VEGETABLE SOUP
3 medium onions, sliced
1 lb. carrots, cut into 1/2″ slices
4 parsnips, cut into 1/2″ slices
2 bay leaves
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1″ cubes
1 14-1/2 oz. can beef broth
1 12 oz. can beer
1. In a 5 or 6 quart crockpot, place onions, carrots, parsnips, garlic, bay leaves, dried thyme, and pepper. Sprinkle with tapioca.
2. Place meat on top of vegetables. Add beef broth and beer.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
4. To serve, remove bay leaves; if using fresh thyme, stir in now.
CROCK POT BEEF TACO BEAN SOUP
2 lb. rump roast
1 pk taco seasoning
1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
1 small can green chiles
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
1 onion – chopped
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 cans red kidney beans, (15 oz. each), rinsed, drained
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut roast into bite sized chunks. Roll in taco seasoning and add to crock pot.
2. Add the tomatoes, chiles, tomato sauce, onion, and bouillon cubes.
3. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Add the drained beans and cook until the beans are heated through; around 30 minutes. Serve topped with cheese, and/or the toppings that you like.
CROCK POT BLACK BEAN SOUP
2 cans, 15 oz. each, black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans,4.5 oz., each, chopped green chiles
1 can, 14.5 oz.,Mexican Stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can,14.5 oz., diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can,11 oz., whole kernel corn, drained
4 green onions, sliced
2 to 3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1. Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on high 5 to 6 hours.
CROCK POT BROCCOLI SOUP
4 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups diced potatoes
1 bag frozen, chopped broccoli
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2-1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1. Mix water, bouillon cubes, onions, potatoes and broccoli in a crock pot. Cook on high until broccoli is thawed.
2. Add cream of chicken soup and cheese, to taste, to mixture.
3. Turn crock pot on low and cook for 2 hours.
CROCK POT CABBAGE CHILI SOUP
3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
1 cup chopped onions
3 cups Healthy Choice tomato juice
1 (10-1/2 oz.) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
10 oz. kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons chili seasoning mix
1. In a slow cooker, combine cabbage, onion, tomato juice and tomato soup. Add kidney beans and chili seasoning mix.
2. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Mix well before serving.