This is a buttery pound cake recipe that we’ve used for picnics, holidays and as a coffee break treat.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugar, butter, vanilla extract and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk on low speed. Pour into pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 75 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: evaporated milk pound cake, old fashioned pound cake recipe