- 4 cups mashed sweet potato – canned or fresh
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs – beaten
- ½ pint heavy cream
- ¼ pounds butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1¼ cups chopped pecans
- Butter one 2 quart casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and cream. Blend well.
- Spread into casserole dish evenly.
- Prepare the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecans.
- Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over top sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.