- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 18 whole graham crackers (2 packages), crushed
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope (1 Tablespoon) unflavored gelatine
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ pint whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the sugar and mix well. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Pat the mixture into baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the egg yolks, sugar and cream cheese. Pour the mixture over crust.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool. In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatine in water.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Reserve the egg whites.
- Stirring constantly, cook until thick, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatine. Allow the mixture to cool for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the 3 egg whites until stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the cooled pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Top with whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate approximately 2 hours.