Aside from the raspberry, another thing that gives this recipe its unique flavor is the addition of balsamic vinegar.
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- ⅓ cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté the onion in oil until tender.
- Sprinkle thyme and ¼ teaspoon salt over chicken; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add the preserves, vinegar, ⅛ teaspoon pepper, and remaining salt to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted and sauce is heated through. Spoon onto a serving platter; top with chicken.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: raspberry balsamic chicken, raspberry chicken recipe