If there are two things that go together well, it’s salmon and noodles. Salmon is light and airy, and it is perfectly complemented by noodles which add a bit of weight to the dish without overpowering it.
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 pound skinless, boneless 1-inch thick salmon fillet, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup bottled roasted red or yellow sweet peppers
- ½ cup garlic-stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup reduced-calorie balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brush fish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a very large skillet over medium heat. Add fish to hot skillet; cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove fish from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Add spinach, roasted peppers, olives, and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or just until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet.
- Add dressing; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta mixture among 4 shallow bowls; top with fish.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon noodle bowl, fish and noodles