There is no denying that sausage and pasta make a great base for any meal. They give meals a hearty texture that can go well with any number of ingredients.
- 1 pound uncooked frozen cavatelli pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil for cooking
- 1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli flowerets, thawed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions in a 6-quart saucepot.
- Drain the pasta well, then return the pasta to the saucepot.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook until it’s well browned, stirring often to separate meat.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet. Drain fat.
- Add the butter and garlic to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the garlic is golden.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the chicken stock and heat to a boil.
- Add the broccoli mixture, sausage and cheese to the saucepot.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the stock mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan-Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: what is the difference between gnocchi and cavatelli?, cavatelli with broccoli and sausage