Last Updated on
Sausage Cavatelli with Broccoli
1 pound uncooked frozen cavatelli pasta
1 Tablespoon olive oil for cooking
1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
1 Tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounces frozen broccoli flowerets, thawed
2 cups chicken stock
2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions in a 6-quart saucepot.
2. Drain the pasta well, then return the pasta to the saucepot.
3. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the sausage and cook until it’s well browned, stirring often to separate meat.
5. Remove the sausage from the skillet. Drain fat.
6. Add the butter and garlic to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium.
7. Cook for 2 minutes or until the garlic is golden.
8. Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
9. Stir in the chicken stock and heat to a boil.
10. Add the broccoli mixture, sausage and cheese to the saucepot.
11. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the stock mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.