Baked Rigatoni with Sausage
This baked rigatoni recipe makes a hearty pasta dish when combined with the sausage and cheese. This is a great pasta recipe if the intended recipient has a large appetite.
1 pound Italian sausage; crumbled
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
1 jar (28 ounce) Italian style spaghetti sauce
1 pound Rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
2 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1. In large skillet, brown sausage 5 minutes; drain fat. Add milk and flour; mix well. Add spaghetti sauce, whisk until well blended.
2. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, cheeses, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. In 13×9 inch baking dish, place pasta mixture. Bake in 350 degree F oven, uncovered, 25 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and place under broiler just to brown.