At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Penne and Vodka Sauce
Savory pancetta is lightly sauteed then cooked in vodka, tomato sauce and cream to make a rich and velvety sauce to cover penne. It goes wonderfully with warm Italian bread and a salad, making an elegant meal without any fuss. Pancetta makes the dish and is available at most deli counters. The alcohol in the vodka sauce burns off during cooking, making this delicious dinner family-friendly.
Penne and Vodka Sauce Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
2 Tablespoons butter
¼ pound thinly sliced pancetta bacon, chopped
⅓ cup vodka
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1½ cups tomato sauce
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta, and sauté until lightly browned.
3. Add vodka and stir until it is reduced by half, about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
5. Stir in pasta, and heat through. Serve with Parmesan cheese, tossed salad and warm Italian bread.