Last Updated on
Penne With Vodka Sauce Recipe
Looking for a great recipe for penne pasta with vodka sauce? We’ve found a great combo pasta recipe that gives you ease of use along with great flavor.
Your family and friends will think you spent all day in the kitchen, when all you had to do for this great vodka sauce is follow the easy step by step directions.
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
28 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup vodka
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 pound Penne pasta
1/4 cup Parmesan; freshly grated
1 Tablespoon fresh chives; minced
1. Drain, seed and chop the tomatoes.
2. Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook until almost no liquid remains in pan, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes.
5. Add cream, vodka and red pepper and boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 25 minutes.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
7. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
8. Transfer to a large bowl. Bring sauce to a simmer. Pour over pasta and toss well.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan and chives and serve.