Scalloped chicken makes the base of a rich, creamy casserole your whole family is sure to love!
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) PASTA RONI® Shells & White Cheddar
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In 3-quart saucepan, combine 21/4 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring just to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and frozen broccoli. Reduce heat to medium.
- Boil, uncovered, stirring frequently, 12 to 14 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- Add seasoning packet, milk and chicken. Continue cooking 3 minutes.
- Melt remaining 2 Tablespoons butter in small saucepan; stir in bread crumbs.
- Transfer pasta mixture to an 8 or 9 inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are browned and edges are bubbly. Serves 4
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: scalloped chicken, scalloped chicken casserole