There is something special about potatoes au gratin beyond the fact that they change up the routine flavors of potato-based dishes. It also happens to be a massive time-saver compared to many other potato-filled sides.
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups hot milk
- Arrange layers of potato in greased 1 ½ quart casserole. Sprinkle with onion.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper; sprinkle some of mixture on potato and onion. Dot with butter. Add layers until all are used, ending with butter.
- Pour milk all over, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake covered, in moderate oven 375 degrees F, 45 minutes. Uncover, and bake 15 minutes longer, or until tender.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potatoes au gratin, scalloped potatoes and ham