- 4 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 10 slices dried bread, cubed
- 1 pound mild Italian turkey sausage
- 1 1/2 cups celery chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup turkey broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl combine cornbread and bread cubes.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté sausage, celery and onion until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; combine with cornbread mixture.
- Add salt, poultry seasoning, jalapeno peppers, eggs and turkey broth.
- Spoon stuffing into lightly greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes