- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large cooking apples – peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch rings
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 7×11 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture and apples in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.