This butter cookie recipe is easy to make and very tasty. Butter cookies are a great old fashioned cookie, make a lot...they won't last long!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
2. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a standing mixer (preferably fitted with paddle attachment) or 6 with a handheld. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Form dough into a 12-inch roll (2 inches in diameter) on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up dough in plastic wrap. Chill dough 4 hours or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Cut roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on large baking sheets about 1-inch apart.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.