Butter Cookie Recipe
This butter cookie recipe is easy to make and very tasty. Butter cookies are a great old fashioned cookie, make a lot…they won’t last long!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
2. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a standing mixer (preferably fitted with paddle attachment) or 6 with a handheld. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Form dough into a 12-inch roll (2 inches in diameter) on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up dough in plastic wrap. Chill dough 4 hours or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Cut roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on large baking sheets about 1-inch apart.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
Cookie Recipes List