This shortbread cookie recipe has the additional heavenly taste of chocolate added to it. If you love shortbread cookies, this recipe is a winner.
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat powdered sugar and butter in large bowl with on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in cocoa, flour, and vanilla.
4. Divide dough in half. Roll each half of the dough to a 1/2 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into circles and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!