This shortbread cookie recipe has the additional heavenly taste of chocolate added to it. If you love shortbread cookies, this recipe is a winner. Like most other shortbread cookie recipes the base is so simple that you can add just about any flavor into the dough you'll have a winner.
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat powdered sugar and butter in a large bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in cocoa, flour, and vanilla.
4. Divide dough in half. Roll each half of the dough to a 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into circles and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Cookie Recipes List
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Shaiith/Shutterstock.com.