Last Updated on
Cranberry Orange Overnight Sour Cream Coffeecake
⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
⅓ cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces and chilled
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
¼ teaspoon salt
1¾ cups sour cream
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Using your fingers, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in the nuts and set aside.
2. Coat two 9-inch cake pans with vegetable oil spray.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt together in a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the sour cream, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and melted butter together until smooth.
5. Gently whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until the butter looks smooth and well combined (do not overmix).
6. Gently fold in cranberries.
7. Scrape the batter into the prepared pans and smooth the tops. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the top of both cakes.
8. Wrap the pans tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
9. Christmas morning, preheat the oven to 350°F. Unwrap the cakes and bake on the middle rack until the tops are golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes on a wire rack before serving.