Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
It isn’t often that a cookie has a many storied background. The Snickerdoodle cookie recipe below creates perfectly wonderful cookies, even though historians can’t seem to agree on the cookie’s roots.
Some say the recipe is a variation of a sugar cookie, with spices added for a headier taste by Germans in the 17th and 18th century. Others swear the cookie was named in honor of the tall tale hero, Snickerdoodle. Whichever is the true origin won’t matter once you taste these cinnamon rich parcels of delectable goodness.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar (topping)
4 teaspoons cinnamon (topping)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix butter, sugar, and eggs.
3. Blend in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.
4. Mix 4 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Coat each dough ball with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
5. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove immediately from baking sheet.
Cookie Recipes List