For an easy cookie recipe, you can't go wrong with this one. The ingredients are basic but the cookies are colorful and delicious!
Easy Cookie Recipe
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Colored sugar sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture, beating on medium speed until mixture is completely combined.
3. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, sprinkle with colored sugar, then place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until golden.
5. Let the cookies stand two minutes before removing them from the cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Other Cookies to Try
Once you've tried this cookie recipe, try out these other delicious cookies that you and your family are sure to love:
- Chocolate chip cookies. Who doesn't love this classic cookie? There are so many different recipes for chocolate chip cookies to try out there. Do you like them soft and gooey, or crispy? Whatever you prefer, try different recipes to find the right one.
- Gingerbread cookies. While many people make gingerbread cookies at Christmastime, you can make them at any time of the year! If you don't want to make holiday Gingerbread cookies, simply shape them into more traditional cookies or into more seasonally-appropriate shapes. This is a fun one to do with kids!
- Snickerdoodles. A tried-and-true classic, snickerdoodles are a favorite cookie of many. If you're looking to make something that's basic, yet delicious, why not give snickerdoodles a try?
- Chocolate cookies. Do you have a chocolate lover in your life? If so, try making them some chocolate cookies! These are sweet and delicious without being overpowering, so they're sure to be a favorite with your family.
- Apple cookies. Do you live in an area where apples are a-plenty? If so, try these apple cookies! They're different than most of the traditional cookies people tend to make, so they're sure to draw eyes at any event! They're fairly easy to make, and great for autumn.
- Oatmeal raisin cookies. While no cookie is truly “100% healthy”, oatmeal raisin cookies are definitely up there among the more healthy cookies you can make. They might not be a favorite among kids, but it's a good way to satisfy a dessert craving when you're on a diet, without feeling like you're fully going on a cheat day.