For a delicious chocolate cookie, this recipe can't be beat. Drop cookies are among the easiest to make; this recipe is no exception. The next time you're looking for some delicious cookies, try your hand at making this recipe.
Chocolate Drop Cookies
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons hot water
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, buttermilk, egg and chocolate in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
2. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and nuts.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost with Chocolate Frosting.
Chocolate Frosting Directions:
1. Melt butter and chocolate in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
2. Stir in hot water and powdered sugar until smooth. If frosting is too thick, add more water, if it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Other Desserts to Make
After making these chocolate drop cookies, try your hand at these other dessert ideas! They're sure to delight both you and your family.
- Mug cakes. Mug cakes can be made in the microwave. They're fast, simple, and delicious. If you're low on time or just don't have the energy to make something big, then try this out!
- Fudge. Have you ever tried making your own fudge? If not, then why not give it a shot? There are so many different flavors of fudge that you can make. If it's your first time making fudge, keep it simple and make chocolate fudge. Once you've got the process down pat, try other flavors.
- Popsicles. Instead of buying popsicles from the store, try making your own! Grab your favorite juice or other drink, pour it into a popsicle mold, stick some sticks in, and freeze! This is a fun way to make a quick and delicious dessert that everyone will love.
- Poke cake. Poke cakes are a blast to make, and they're delicious. You can use whatever flavor of cake you'd like, but Devil's food cake is a popular choice. Grab a box of cake mix and make it. When it's done, poke holes in the cake with a wooden skewer. Then, pour your chosen sauce over and frost!
- Bundt cake. If you have a Bundt pan on hand, try making a Bundt cake! It can be a little difficult for some people to master Bundt cakes, but practice makes perfect! After a little trial-and-error, you'll be making perfect Bundt cakes in no time at all.
- Jell-O. If it's hot out or you just want the simplest dessert you can think of, Jell-O is a great way to go. There are a lot of flavors out there, so go ahead and pick whatever one suits you and your family. Or, pick multiple flavors! This is a quick and easy dessert to throw together that will be great on a hot day. It doesn't require any oven use, and it can be eaten cold. Remember that Jell-O is not vegetarian!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Renko Aleks/Shutterstock.com.