This is the easiest no bake cookie recipe around that actually tastes good. Make sure you use unsweetened cocoa powder, anything sweetened will not give you the rich chocolatey taste (and will also end up sickeningly sweet) that unsweetened cocoa powder will.
If you are a fan of the no bake cookie recipe, Cooks Recipes has the most and quite a few gourmet types. No bake cookies are wonderful and very easy to make; if you haven't tried them this is a great no bake cookie recipe to start with. These are easy and very tasty!
No Bake Cocoa Cookie Recipe
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cocoa, sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the salt, vanilla, oats and peanut butter.
3. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow cookies to cool for at least 1 hour.
Other Desserts to Make
After trying these no bake cookies, consider these other dessert options:
- Chocolate chip cookies. If you're up for baking, then making this classic dessert is a great idea. Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies, from kids to adults. Try out different recipes to see which one fits you best!
- Brownies. Who doesn't love a gooey, fudgy brownie? Brownies are quite easy to make, whether you choose to use a box mix or make it from scratch. Throw in some nuts for added flair.
- Cake pops. Have extra cake lying around? Use it to make cake pops! Cake pops are fun for kids, and small enough to fit into a lunch box.
- Cupcakes. Making a whole cake too much work for you? Make some cupcakes instead! Cupcakes are much easier to make, and you can portion control them better since they're individual desserts. Frost them however you like and enjoy!
- Fruit cake. Looking for something different? Try your hand at making a fruit cake! Fruit cake can be difficult to get right, but it's perfect if you're looking for a nice challenge. Try out different recipes and see how it goes.
- Ice cream. Instead of buying your ice cream from the store, why not try making it? These days, you don't need a giant ice cream maker to make your own ice cream. Just use a Ninja Creami or similar.
- Brookies. If you love both brownies and cookies, then why not try the best of both worlds? Brookies are a combination of brownies and cookies. They're not as hard to make as you might think, so give it a try!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©P Maxwell Photography/Shutterstock.com.