1. In shallow glass baking dish, place chicken in single layer.
2. In small bowl, make marinade by mixing together rum, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, cloves and garlic.
3. Pour over chicken, cover and chill 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and dish. Reserve marinade.
4. In electric skillet (or large frypan), place oil and heat to medium temperature.
5. Add chicken and cook about 8 minutes or until brown on all sides.
6. Add 1/4 cup green onion, sweet potatoes, okra, apple rings, chicken broth and reserved marinade.
7. Cover; reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
8. Remove chicken and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
9. Increase heat to high temperature and bring liquid in frypan to a boil, stirring until liquid is reduced by about 1/3.
10. Place cornstarch in a small cup, add water and stir until smooth. Add to frying pan and cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until liquid has thickened.
11. Stir in pepper and lime juice.
12. Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons green onion and garnish with lime slices.
29 min Yield: Makes 6 servings
Click for more Chicken recipes