At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
6 pounds boneless top sirloin steaks
½ cup lime juice
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
8 teaspoons minced garlic (about 24 cloves)
4 large onions, cut into strips
4 large green bell peppers, cut into strips
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 1 pound)
40 flour tortillas
4 two-gallon freezer bags. Labeled
8 one-gallon freezer bags
8 one-quart freezer bags
On hand for each entrée:
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or other fajita toppings
1. Rinse steaks and trim excess fat. Cutting across the grain, slice each steak into narrow strips. Divide beef evenly among four 1-gallon bags.
2. Whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, oil, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Divide the marinade evenly over the beef.
3. Into each bag of beef strips measure 2 teaspoons garlic. Seal.
4. Divide onion and green pepper strips evenly among four 1-quart bags. Seal.
5. Measure 1 cup cheese into each of the remaining 1-quart bags. Seal
6. Put 10 tortillas into each of the remaining 1-gallon bags. Seal.
7. Into each of the 2-gallon bags, place a bag of beef in marinade, a bag of onions and peppers, a bag of cheese, and a bag of tortillas.
8. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and stir-fry until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and add beef. Stir-fry beef until well browned, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and return vegetables, stirring to combine. Serve with tortillas and cheese. Add fajita toppings as desired.
Yield: 4 entrees, 4 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Try these similar recipes: