At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Pecan-Crusted Chicken Strips
6 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 cups honey
1 cup spicy brown mustard
¾ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
3 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1½ cups (8 ounces) pecans, finely ground
6 one-gallon freezer bags, label 3
3 one-quart freezer bags
1. Rinse and trim chicken as desired. Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise into three strips. Divide chicken evenly among the three unlabeled 1-gallon freezer bags.
2. Combine honey, mustard, oil, salt, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide sauce evenly over the chicken. Seal bags.
3. Into each of the three 1-quart freezer bags, measure 1 cup panko and ½ cup pecans; seal. Place one bag of chicken and one bag of pecan/breadcrumbs mixture into each labeled 1-gallon bag.
4. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Place breadcrumb mixture on a plate. Shake excess sauce off each piece of chicken, roll in crumbs, and place on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken pulls apart easily and is no longer pink in the thickest part, and the crust is golden.
Yield: 3 entrees, about 12 strips each
Freeze up to: 4 months