Captain Crunch Chicken Recipe
Captain Crunch isn’t just for breakfast anymore. It’s a delicious coating for chicken that Planet Hollywood mixes with a few spices to produce a sweet, crunchy chicken tender that kids and adults alike can’t get enough of.
Famous restaurants need to come up with signature dishes to keep those crowds coming back (and to keep pulling in big profits). You can skip the crowds and save yourself a lot of money by making this simple dish at home. Let the Captain “crunchetize” you with this fantastic chicken recipe your entire family will love!
Captain Crunch Chicken
2 cups Captain Crunch cereal
1 1/2 cup corn flakes
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds chicken breast cut in 1-oz. tenders
vegetable oil for frying
1. Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.
2. Beat the egg with milk and set aside.
3. Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper. Set this aside also.
4. Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour. Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour.
5. Dip into the egg wash, coating well, then dip into the cereal mixture, coating well.
6. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 degrees F. Drop coated chicken tenders carefully into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
7. Drain and serve immediately.
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes:
Click for more Chicken recipes