At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Easy Turkey Pot Pie
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1½ cups cubed peeled potatoes
1½ cups sliced carrots
1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
4½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 can (10¾ ounces) reduced fat condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 cups cubed cooked turkey
2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 Tablespoons butter
7 Tablespoons 1% milk
1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots, beans and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Remove from the heat. Combine the flour and mushroom soup; stir into vegetable mixture.
4. Add the turkey and seasonings. Transfer to a 2 qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and oregano. Cut in the butter until evenly distributed. Stir in milk. Drop batter in six mounds onto hot turkey mixture.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of biscuits comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings
1 portion equals:
8 g fat (4 g saturated fat)
47 mg cholesterol
616 mg sodium
37 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
19 g protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat