At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Tortellini Vegetable Bake
2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated whole wheat cheese tortellini
1½ cups fresh sugar snap pea pods, trimmed and halved crosswise
½ cup thinly sliced carrot
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
⅓ cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup fat-free milk
1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed and softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup halved red cherry tomatoes
½ cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding sugar snap peas and carrots for the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. In a screw-top jar combine broth, flour, oregano, garlic salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake until smooth; add to same skillet. Add milk; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
6. Stir tortellini mixture, mushrooms, tomatoes, and peppers into cream cheese mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Total Fat 15g