At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Peas
1 pound refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 cup frozen peas
1 ½ cups cooked ham, cubed
4 Tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. Stir in peas during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
3. Meanwhile, cook a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
4. Add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (about 3 minutes).
5. Remove and reserve the ham. Dissolve the flour in the milk in a small bowl and add to skillet.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 10 minutes).
7. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
8. Add the ham, tortellini, and peas and toss to coat. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: