Want a great way to spice up a package of tortellini? We've got you with this recipe! This tortellini recipe can work as either a family dinner or a date night dinner. Flexible recipes are always a great thing! Plus, this recipe comes packed with plenty of nutrients thanks to the ham and peas.
You can always add more ham and peas if you like. We recommend slowly increasing the amount, so that you don't overpower the tortellini's presence. After all, the tortellini should still be the star of the show! Cheese tortellini works best with this recipe, but you can use mushroom tortellini as an alternative.
If you don't have Parmesan cheese on hand, Romano can also work well enough. Or, you can combine both cheeses together for a ton of flavor. Grating cheese by hand is usually ideal, but if you want to save time you can always buy pre-grated cheese.
For more awesome recipes just like this one, check out the rest of the recipes we have on offer on Moms Who Think. We don't just have dinner recipes! We have recipes for dessert, breakfast, snacks, and everything in between!
Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Peas
1 pound refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 cup frozen peas
1 ½ cups cooked ham, cubed
4 Tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. Stir in peas during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
3. Meanwhile, cook a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
4. Add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (about 3 minutes).
5. Remove and reserve the ham. Dissolve the flour in the milk in a small bowl and add to skillet.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 10 minutes).
7. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
8. Add the ham, tortellini, and peas and toss to coat. Makes 4 servings.