At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Cheese Tortellini in Ham Sauce
1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1½ cups chopped fresh broccoli
¼ cup butter, cubed
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup low fat (1%) milk
¼ cup half-and-half cream
1½ cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1. In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
2. In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.
3. Whisk in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream.
4. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
5. Add the ham, cheeses, basil, oregano, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted.
6. Stir in tomato.
7. Drain tortellini mixture; add to the pan and heat through.
Makes 6 servings
¾ cup equals:
16 grams fat (9 grams saturated fat)
66 mg cholesterol
865 mg sodium
29 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
19 grams protein