At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Ham and Cheese Cowpoke Pasta Dinner
1 package (16 ounces) cavatappi (corkscrew) pasta
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons salt free lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon dill weed
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup (8 ounces) reduced fat sour cream
2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced fat Monterrey Jack cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook cavatappi according to package directions; drain.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth.
3. Gradually add milk and parsley, garlic salt, lemon-pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, dill weed, onion powder and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
5. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended.
6. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through.
7. Remove from the heat; stir in Monterrey Jack cheese, blending until melted.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 10 servings
1 cup equals:
9 grams fat (5 grams saturated fat)
27 mg cholesterol
612 mg sodium
38 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
20 grams protein