Last Updated on
Ranch Ham and Cheese Pasta
1 (16 ounce) package penne
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free milk
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried minced onion
½ teaspoon dill weed
¼ teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
1½ cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth.
3. Gradually add milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
4. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through.
5. Remove from heat; stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Total Fat 9g
Diabetic Exchanges: 2½ starch, 2 lean meat