At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Kids Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 can (14½ ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons dill pickle relish
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
2 Tablespoons ketchup
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, cook beef and onion over medium heat in a large frying pan, until meat is no longer pink. Drain
3. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture, combining thoroughly.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings
1½ cups equals:
14 grams fat (6 grams saturated fat)
57 mg cholesterol
759 mg sodium
46 grams carbohydrate
4 grams fiber
28 grams protein