At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Quick and Easy Beef Goulash
1½ cups uncooked rotini pasta
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into ⅛ inch thick strips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1½ cups water
1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ cup cold water
1. Add the oil to a large nonstick frying pan, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or meat is no longer pink.
3. Add onion and green pepper; cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, water, broth, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. When the beef mixture is almost done, combine flour and cold water in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
7. Cook pasta according to package directions.
8. Once the beef mixture is done simmering, add the flour/water mixture to the frying pan.
9. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
10. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
Makes 6 servings
One serving (1 cup) equals:
7 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat)
45 mg cholesterol
563 mg sodium
29 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
22 grams protein