At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Oriental Steak Stir-Fry
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon reduced sodium beef bouillon granules
1 cup cold water
¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
⅛ teaspoon pepper
10 ounces beef top sirloin steak
1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 medium tomatoes, cut into halved then cut into quarters
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 cups hot cooked rice
1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water, soy sauce and pepper, whisking until smooth; set aside.
2. Cut steak thinly across the grain, then cut slices in half; set aside.
3. In a nonstick frying pan or wok, stir fry green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. Add the steak to the pan; stir fry for 4 to 6 minutes, or until no longer pink.
5. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
6. Add the tomatoes, water chestnuts and the green pepper mixture; cook and stir until heated through.
7. Serve with rice.
Makes 4 servings
One serving (1½ cups meat mixture with 1 cup rice) equals:
15 grams fat (5 grams saturated fat)
46 mg cholesterol
678 mg sodium
62 grams carbohydrate
5 grams fiber
21 grams protein