At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Delicioso Baked Nachos
1½ pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup water
1 Tablespoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon paprika
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
4 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 2 cups), crushed
3 cups shredded lettuce
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1. In a large frying pan, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Add the beans, water, and spices, slightly mashing the beans as you combine the ingredients.
3. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Set aside.
4. Evenly coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
5. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and press onto the bottom and up the sides of the baking dish.
6. Seal all seams and perforations in the dough by pinching flat.
7. Spoon the seasoned beef mixture evenly over dough.
8. Spread sour cream over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, then the crushed tortilla chips.
9. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
10. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes. Top with lettuce and tomatoes and serve.
Makes 8 servings
⅛ portion equals:
17 grams fat (8 grams saturated fat)
58 mg cholesterol
734 mg sodium
48 grams carbohydrate
4.5 grams fiber
30 grams protein