At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons butter
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
¾ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
2½ cups fat free milk
6 cups broccoli florets
1½ cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
10 ounces reduced-fat shredded Swiss cheese, divided
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
3. Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
4. Add broccoli; cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cottage cheese and 7 ounces of the Swiss cheese.
6. Drain noodles.
7. In a 13 in. x 9 in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer three noodles and a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice.
8. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 12 servings
One serving equals:
4 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
16 mg cholesterol
433 mg sodium
22 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
17 g protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable