At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Turkey Tetrazzini with Fresh Mushrooms
½ pound uncooked spaghetti
¼ cup finely chopped onion
1 Tablespoon butter
1 garlic clove, minced
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 can (14½ ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
1 can (12 ounces) fat free evaporated milk
2½ cups cubed cooked turkey breast
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon paprika
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
3. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
4. Whisk together cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into the onion mixture.
5. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Reduce heat to low. Add evaporated milk; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
7. Stir in the spaghetti, turkey, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
8. Transfer to an 8 inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
9. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
10. Bake 8 minutes longer or until heated through.
Makes 6 servings
1¼ cups equals:
5 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat)
51 mg cholesterol
544 mg sodium
41 grams carbohydrate
1 gram fiber
28 grams protein