Savory Creamy Ham Fettuccine
12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
¾ pound fully cooked lean ham, cubed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1¼ cups low fat evaporated milk
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 Tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, sauté ham in oil until lightly browned.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Add onion to frying pan; sauté for 4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes longer.
6. Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended.
7. Gradually add the evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
8. Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream. Cook 2 minutes longer.
9. Drain fettuccine; stir into the mushroom mixture.
10. Add ham; heat through.
Makes 6 servings
One serving (1⅓ cups) equals:
8 grams fat (1 grams saturated fat)
29 mg cholesterol
876 mg sodium
46 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
21 grams protein