At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Creamy Basil Shrimp Fettuccine
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
¼ cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 can (12 ounces) fat free evaporated milk
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
2. While fettuccine is cooking, sauté the onion and garlic in oil in a nonstick frying pan, until tender.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and evaporated milk until smooth.
4. Add the flour mixture to the frying pan, stirring well. Stir in the salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper.
5. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Reduce heat. Stir in shrimp and basil.
7. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
8. Drain the fettuccine and place in a large bowl. Add the shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
Makes 4 servings
2½ cups equals
10 grams fat (1.5 grams saturated fat)
172 mg cholesterol
695 mg sodium
49 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
36 grams protein