At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Lemon Thyme Chicken
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Set aside 1/3 cup of mixture for sauce.
2. Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over both sides of chicken.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
4. Remove and keep warm.
5. In the same pan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
6. Add thyme and reserved flour mixture; stir until blended.
7. Gradually stir in the broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan.
8. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Makes 4 servings
1 chicken breast half with 3 Tablespoons sauce equals:
8 grams fat (3 grams saturated fat)
70 mg cholesterol
614 mg sodium
10 grams carbohydrate
1 gram fiber
25 grams protein