At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Meatless Monday Chili Mac
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups water
1½ cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
1 can (15½ ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ cup fat free sour cream
1. In a large saucepan, sauté onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
2. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
3. Stir in the water, macaroni, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and cumin.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
5. Top each serving with 1 Tablespoon sour cream.
Makes 8 servings
1¼ cups equals:
3 grams fat (1 gram saturated fat)
3 mg cholesterol
857 mg sodium,
37 grams carbohydrate
8 grams fiber
10 grams protein