At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Skillet Sausage and Mushrooms with Rice
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups converted white rice
4 cups chicken broth
4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Slice open and remove the casings from sausage.
2. Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick spray, heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add the sausage, mushrooms, and onion, breaking up the sausage with a fork.
4. Cook until sausage is browned and the mushrooms and onion are tender, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the rice, stirring to coat in broth; bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated and rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
7. Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: