Here's another delicious dinner recipe to try! This skillet sausage and mushrooms recipe is sure to delight everyone in your family. It doesn't require a lot of ingredients, which is a bonus for any family right now amidst rising grocery costs.
We threw some rice into this recipe to ensure it's as filling as possible. Adding rice doesn't add much effort or cook time to the recipe, so don't worry about it making the recipe too complicated. We still consider this one of our easiest and quickest recipes!
Make sure you bookmark this recipe, so you can return to it whenever you need a fast recipe. Whether you've got a game, concert, or other event to attend, or you just can't summon the energy to make an elaborate dinner, this recipe can have your back.
For a side, serve this dish with some veggies. To keep it easy, grab some frozen mixed vegetables from the store. If you happen to have fresh vegetables on hand, that's great! You can use those instead, if you want to add on the extra cooking time.
Skillet Sausage and Mushrooms with Rice
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups converted white rice
4 cups chicken broth
4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Slice open and remove the casings from sausage.
2. Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick spray, heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add the sausage, mushrooms, and onion, breaking up the sausage with a fork.
4. Cook until sausage is browned and the mushrooms and onion are tender, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the rice, stirring to coat in broth; bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated and rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
7. Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Makes 4 servings.