Shrimp and Rice Florentine
Bread of your choice
Shrimp and Rice Florentine Ingredients:
1 (5 ounce) package yellow saffron rice
1 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled
1 (10¾ ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded, reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
⅓ cup dry sherry
2 cups cooked long grain rice
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
Two 8×8 foil pans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 2 foil pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook the yellow rice according to package directions; omitting any oil and salt.
3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the onions, garlic, and shrimp until the shrimp is done and the onion is tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Stir in the mushroom soup, Monterey Jack, and sherry, heating until the soup is warm.
5. Add the yellow rice, long grain rice, water chestnuts, spinach, Parmesan, and salt and pepper, mixing well.
6. Pour into prepared pans.
7. To prepare now: bake, covered, for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Makes 2 entrees, each entree serves 4
Let cool completely. Wrap, label, and freeze for up to 2 months.
Remove from freezer to defrost overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.