1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1½ teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon dry sherry
8 (2 inch) square wonton skins, separated
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon canola oil
¼ teaspoon salt
2 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, sliced
4 cups cored and thinly sliced napa cabbage
¾ cup thinly sliced celery
1 (8 ounce) bamboo shoots, drained and cut into thin strips
2 cups (about 6 ounces) shiitake mushrooms, wiped clean, stems discarded, and caps thinly sliced
¾ teaspoon sugar
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Toast the sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly colored, about 2 minutes; set aside.
3. In a small cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the sherry; set aside.
4. Brush a baking sheet and the wonton skins lightly on both sides with 2 teaspoons of the canola oil. Season with salt and bake until browned and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack and set aside.
5. In a heavy skillet or wok, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, garlic, cabbage, celery, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms and stir-fry until the cabbage is soft and wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add the sugar, ¾ cup of the broth, the soy sauce, and sesame oil and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add the sherry-cornstarch mixture and, if the mixture is a little dry, the remaining ¼ cup broth. Add the chicken and heat through.
8. Serve over the cooked brown rice and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and crush the wonton skins on top.
Total Fat 18g
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!