At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Pineapple, Mango, and Chicken Kabobs
¾ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup dark rum
2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 ½ teaspoons grated lime rind
1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 30 cubes
2 mangoes, peeled and each cut into nine 1-inch cubes
1 pineapple, cut into eighteen 1-inch cubes
1 ½ tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
3. Whisk vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Stir in cilantro and rind. Set aside.
5. Thread 5 chicken cubes, 3 mango cubes, and 3 pineapple cubes alternately onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes beforehand.
6. Brush kabobs with oil; sprinkle with salt.
7. Place kabobs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes. Turn kabobs; brush with half of the glaze. Turn kabobs; brush with remaining glaze. Grill 2 minutes; turning once.
Per 1 kabob serving
Total Fat: 11 g
Sat: 3 g
Protein: 26 g
Carb: 30 g
Fiber: 2 g
Cholesterol: 71 mg
Sodium: 450 mg