Last Updated on
Oriental Steak Skewers
1 pound boneless beef sirloin tip roast
⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup water
4 medium carrots, sliced into 3-inch strips
½ pound fresh green beans
1 large sweet red pepper, sliced into strips
½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1¼ teaspoons prepared horseradish
1. Cut beef widthwise into 16 slices, ¼-inch thick.
2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sugar, and ginger. Add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours.
3. In a saucepan, bring water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the beans and red pepper; cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
4. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Arrange three beans, one carrot strip, and one pepper strip down the center of each beef slice; roll up. For each kabob, use metal or soaked wooden skewers and thread two bundles on two parallel skewers.
5. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill kabobs, covered over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning once.
6. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard, and horseradish. Serve with kabobs.
Total Fat 10g
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 vegetable, ½ fat